Distributor / authorized representative that deals with supply & delivery of gas / liquid density measurement instruments and equipment to industrial enterprises of Russia
Engineering company ‘Intech GmbH’ LLC (ООО «Интех ГмбХ»), Russia, has been successfully working with a number of Russian industrial enterprises at the local market for more than 20 years. Since the company’s founding, it has acquired immense engineering experience, market reputation, and has realized more than a hundred large-scale projects at the industrial plants in Russia. Our company is continuously in search of new business partners, who consider Russian market investment-attractive and want to boost their sales in the region, as well as expand their field of activities and enter a new international level.Contents:
We are interested in cooperation with the manufacturers of gas / liquid density measurement instruments and equipment, who are looking for an official and reliable distributor to deal with supply & delivery of their equipment to the industrial plants in Russia.
The company’s top management and sales team are well acquainted with the Russian market, its mentality and laws; they also understand industrial specifics of the financial and economic activities of the Russian customers. All our sales managers have a large customer database, extensive experience of successful sales and well-established connections with the potential buyers of your gas / liquid density meters. This allows our managers to promptly set out the most promising directions for promotion and to ensure a rapid entry of the products into the promising Russian market. Our employees, who are fluent in English and German, are focused on working at the international market with the supplies of foreign equipment.
Our team of experienced engineers, who can handle the most serious technical problems, constantly keeps in touch with the Russian customers, holds meetings and delivers presentations regarding the latest achievements of our manufacturing partners. They point out the engineering challenges and actively communicate with all the departments at Russian plants. That is why the specifics of doing a business in the Russian Federation are well-known to us, and we also know the equipment of the local industrial plants and their up-to-date modernization needs.
Once we become your authorized representative in Russia, our marketing staff will carry out a market research in order to check the demand for gas / liquid density measurement instruments and equipment, will submit a market overview for gas / liquid density meters that you offer and evaluate the needs for this type of equipment at local plants. Our specialists will also estimate the potential and capacity of this market at local industrial plants. Our IT-team will start developing a website for your products in Russian. Our experts will assess the conformity between your gas / liquid density meters and customer needs as well as analyze the common reaction to the new goods in general. We will look into the categories of potential customers, and pick out the largest and the most promising plants.
Upon becoming your authorized agent on the territory of Russia, ‘Intech GmbH’ LLC (ООО «Интех ГмбХ»), will obtain certificates, if required, for a batch of the goods, for various types of gas / liquid density measurement instruments and equipment in compliance with Russian standards. We can also arrange the inspection in order to obtain TR TS 010 and TR TS 012 Certificates. These certificates provides permission to operate your equipment at all industrial plants of the EAEU countries (Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan), including the hazardous industrial facilities. Our company is eager to assist in issuing Technical Passports for gas / liquid density measurement instruments and equipment as per Russian and other EAEU countries’ requirements.
Our engineering company ‘Intech GmbH’ LLC (ООО «Интех ГмбХ»), collaborates with several Russian design institutes in various industrial segments, which allows us to conduct preliminary design as well as subsequent design works according to the standards, construction rules and regulations that are applicable in Russia and other CIS countries. It also enables us to include your gas / liquid density measurement instruments and equipment into the future projects.
The Company has its own logistics department that can provide packing service, handling as well as the most efficient and cost effective mode of transportation of the goods (incl. over dimensional and overweight goods). The goods can be delivered on DAP or DDP-customer’s warehouse basis in full compliance with all the relevant regulations and requirements that are applicable on the Russian market.
Our company has its own certified specialists who will carry out installation supervision and commissioning of the delivered equipment, as well as further guarantee and post-guarantee maintenance of gas / liquid density measurement instruments and equipment. They will also provide necessary training and guidance for the customer’s personnel.
Gas / liquid density measurement instruments and equipment. A brief overwiew
The density is a physical characteristic determined for the substances of the same state (liquid, solid, gas) by their mass per unit of volume. Density data of non-homogenous substances are calculated by the mass to volume ratio when the entire volume of substance is concentrated at the point of density measurement. When reading the relative density, one should take the ratio of two substances under normal conditions: in case of liquid state the relative density is readout at a temperature relative to the density of distilled water 4 °C, and when determining the relative density of gases, the ratio of hydrogen density (dry air) under normal conditions should be taken into account. With increase of temperature, the pressure of a substance or body also increases resulting in thermal expansion, which entails a decrease in the density value. When changing the state of substance this density also decreases, but in steps.
According to the International System of Units, the unit expressed in kg/m³ is used for determining the density, but in practice the other units such as g/cm³ g/l, t/m³ may be used.
Density values for various materials are within a wide measuring range. Densimetry is a capability of finding the substance density in liquid and solid states and some of its methods can be used for gases.
What is the purpose of density determination? For example, the density determination for liquids is important for two reasons. The first one is to qualitatively assess the fluid. The density checking provides for meeting by the fluid to quality standard values. Such measurements are usually made in laboratory using laboratory densimeters. The second reason of density determination is to calculate the fluid mass. Since temperature change does not involve change in fluid mass, the fluid amount should not be taken in liters, i.e. not by volume, but by mass, i.e. in kilograms in which it is expressed.
Density characteristics of any substance depend on:
- mass of atoms in this substance;
- density of the arrangement of atom compounds and molecules in the substance.
Direct dependence: the greater atomic mass, the more dense the substance is. Considering the same substances in a different physical state, we can see that their density varies with the state.
Fluids retain high density of arrangement of atoms and molecules, so that the density of liquid substance is not much different from the density in its solid form.
Gas molecules are badly interconnected with a large distance from each other, so the nearness of atoms is very low, which means that a gaseous substance has low density.
Numerically, the density is expressed in substance mass to volume ratio. Known calculation formula: density = mass/volume.
ρ = m·V
Accuracy of parameters when determining the density characteristics is of great importance in development and release of measuring instruments in various industrial fields, such as instrumentation and metrology, which are closely related to the analysis of properties of certain substances and materials. The urgent issue is the choice of different possibilities of determining the density of substances in the research in the space field, in matters of environmental protection, in matters of plasma research, and in new technical and scientific industries.
There are virtually identical methods to determine the density of fluids and gases. Measuring instruments or densimeters vary in their design and principle of operation. There are many different groups of methods for possible density determination. Large group includes float-weight methods, which are based on determining the floatability force acting on a body or an auxiliary element – float – and, by Archimedes’ principle, being directly proportional to the density of the medium. This group includes the measurements by hydrometer, hydrostatic weighing, float, flotation methods for determining density. The following group includes hydrostatic methods for density determination which determine the dependence of the static pressure of liquid or gas column of constant height on their density. A special group includes hydrodynamic methods dependent on the density of other physical quantities, such as the fluid or gas flow time when flowing from the hole, the degree of jet impact on the barrier, fluid energy and dynamic pressure.
There are the following typical methods for determination of the density of fluids and accordingly measuring means.
To implement these methods, the body affected by the buoyancy force equal to the weight of the fluid displaced by the body is partially or completely immersed in the fluid. This method is implemented by means of the float densimeters:
- having floating float and measuring the depth of its immersion;
- equipped with a submerged float and measuring the force acting on the float.
A hydrometer is perhaps one of the easiest measurement devices without need for maintenance and relatively cheap means. It is made of typical weighted tube floating in the fluid. The tube is immersed into the fluid to a depth specified by the fluid density. When calibrating, the lower part of the tube is filled with shot or mercury to obtain the necessary mass. Hydrometer weight is the same as the weight of fluid displaced by it. Scale located on the upper, narrow part of the hydrometer is to read the density at the liquid surface. The basic principle of hydrometer is the Archimedes’ principle, and it is believed that this device was invented by Hypatia, who taught in the Alexandrian school at that time.
Among these devices the constant volume hydrometers and constant mass hydrometers are distinguished. Clean and dry constant mass hydrometer is used to control the density of fluid. This hydrometer is placed in a container with fluid, where it should float freely. In order to control the fluid density using the constant volume hydrometer, one should change its mass, at which it will be immersed in the fluid to the specified mark. The density is measured by the load (weights) mass and on the basis of the volume of displaced fluid. Constant mass hydrometers can be divided into 2 following groups according to their purpose:
- hydrometers for determining the density of fluids. They are called as densimeters and grading of their scale is in units of density;
- hydrometers for determining the concentration in solutions. We are interested in the first group of hydrometers, i.e. densimeters. These include:
- general purpose densimeters designed for determining the density parameters of various fluids that are heavier or lighter than water (aqueous acid, salt and alkaline solutions);
- oleometers designed for determining the density characteristics of petroleum and oil products;
- lacto densimeter designed for monitoring the density characteristics of milk and whey;
- densimeters designed for monitoring and determining the water density in the sea basins;
- urometers designed for use in medicine to determine the urine density;
- battery densimeters designed for determining the density of electrolyte solutions in the batteries, both acid and alkaline;
- densimeters of AK type are hydrometers designed for measuring the densities of acids.
The above method is widely used in practice to determine the relative density of ethyl alcohol and acids (sulfuric, nitric and hydrochloric). The positive aspect of this method is that the analyses are fast. Also, it can be used to analyze fluids of relatively high viscosity. However, the accuracy of measurement by this method leaves much to be desired, which refers to its disadvantages, and the measurement requires a relatively large amount of fluid.
Hydrostatic weighing method
- beam densimeters are used for mass determination of density using the above method when a simple and rapid process is preferred, or when the work is at high pressure. Beam densimeters are widely used to determine the density of fluids. They are in other words a hydrostatic balance being simple in design and easy to handle devices. The advantage of these devices is the fact that quite a small amount of fluid or substances is required to determine the density using them. Hydrostatic balance is used to determine the density of fluids with a viscosity of max. 0.001 m2/s at a temperature occurring at the time of analysis.
Flotation method of density determining
- this method is characterized by the fact that the float immersed in the fluid is brought in the equilibrium state, so-called flotation balance. It will not float to the surface and will not sink. Flotation balance is typical of equal densities of the float and the fluid. When determining the density of the float and the corresponding flotation balance temperature the fluid density at a given measurement temperature is determined. Today the magnetic float flotation method is being developed and learnt within the framework of the use of electronic tracking systems automatically maintaining the float at the required height. Maintaining the float from moving relative to the cell prevents the effect of fluid viscosity and cell walls. Density determining process provides for a fairly small volume of fluid.
Pycnometers are usually used along with hydrometers in technical analysis in the laboratories of chemical plants and pharmaceutical factories. The pycnometer was invented by D.I. Mendeleev in 1859.
Before analyzing, the clean and dry pycnometer is weighed with an analytical balance. Weighing accuracy should be up to 0.0002 g. Then the pycnometer is filled with distilled water just above the mark, plugged and put in a heating block. After holding the pycnometer in a heating block at 20 °C for 20 minutes, the water level in it is quickly made up to the mark. Excess water is removed with a pipette or a rolled strip of clean filter paper. The pycnometer is again plugged and heated in a heating block for 10 minutes, checked whether the fluid level matches the mark. Then pycnometer is wiped dry with a clean soft cloth and left for 10 minutes. Then it is reweighed on the analytical balance. Thereafter, the device (pycnometer) is emptied from water, rinsed with alcohol, then with ether, cleaned of ether residues by purging, and filled with test fluid. Then, the operations are performed in the same sequence as with distilled water.
Densometers, of volume/weight type. Operating principle of these measuring instruments lies in the fact that the weight of the substance is directly proportional to density under a constant volume of the substance. To determine the density, it will be enough to continuously weigh some volume of liquid flowing through the pipeline. Advantage of these instruments is the fact that they can measure the density of pulps, suspensions, liquids (highly polluted, heavy-bodied and volatile); received measurements do not depend on time of liquid flowing and its properties; they can be used to determine density under high pressure (max 2.5 MPa); measuring cavity of instrument has permanent cross section that prevents settling-down of hard spots from the flow; they have high sensitivity and accuracy parameters; range of measurements with the use of these instruments is widely adjustable (100 – 2,000 kg/m3). Limitation of the range of use of volume/weight type densometers is explained by impermissibility of gas inclusions in liquids.
Methods based on determination of pressure. For execution of these methods difference between pressures of two levels of liquid/gas hpg is taken. Where h is height between the levels, p is a density of liquid substance and g is gravity acceleration.
- Methods based on pressure difference. In case of maintenance of constant level of liquid pressure is lower than liquid surface and shows its density. Pressure difference can be measured between two different levels of liquid. This difference is directly proportional to liquid density. This method is called “with a wet pipe”, which contains separating fluid that has higher density than operating fluid that is being measured. If there is no possibility to use parting fluid, pressure repeater is used, that reproduces pressure in higher level and allows the instrument to track pressure difference between liquid levels.
- Densometers of hydro- and aerostatic action. Densometers of hydrostatic type can be used both for determination of liquid and gas density. During measuring of density values in liquid medium analyzed liquid constantly moves through a chamber equipped with measuring bellows. Between these bellows there is a particular height distance that makes up a particular value of H. Under that higher hydrostatic pressure is applied to one bellow that to the other. Bellows are filled with assisting fluid. One of the bellows is designed to compensate temperature and is essentially a liquid thermometer with a manometer. Tension difference that occurs due to difference between hydrostatic pressures in bellows creates rotating force on the measuring instrument which is transmitted to force transducer, where transformation to standardized signal occurs (electric / pneumatic).
- Hydrostatic densometer for measurement of density values in gas medium uses method based on measurement of hydrostatic pressure. Method of measurement is based on gas-only purge. This type of instruments is used in technological processes in the chemical industry enterprises, where density values measurement is carried out in the technological equipment instruments, in which tubes are installed with mounting at different depth of immersion. Gas, usually air, is supplied from flow controller to pneumatic throttles and then to the pipes. Gas sparges through the liquid via open holes of pipes. Hydrostatic pressure in columns of liquid determines pressure of gas in pipes. Difference between pressures in pipes is measured by a differential manometer, which later outputs the signal. Using of two pipes excludes the probability of impact of changed level of liquid on the final measurement values.
- Aerostatic gas densometer. Operation of this densometer is based on the operating principle under which analyzed gas and air flow under constant pressure through vertical pipes. Internal chambers of pipes form equally high columns of controlled gas and air. Difference between aerostatic pressures in columns is measured with floating-bell manometer that is operating based of the principle of equilibration, which is achieved by measurement of floatability force. Movements of the bell of manometer are transformed by a transformer into standardized signals (electric / pneumatic).
- Bubble method. This method is also used for measurement of the level. The principal of this method is based on gas discharge in bubble form. Gas goes into pipes, open ends of which are immersed in the liquid medium on different depths, limiting the pressure in pipes. Location of pipes in liquid on different depths makes a pressure difference between pipes. Density of operating fluid is defined by measurement of pressure difference in pipes. This method is unsuitable for control and determination of density of liquids that are stored in closed tanks and contain hard particles that can block the pipes. However, it is suitable for aggressive fluids providing protection of pipes that are immersed in this fluid from aggressive impacts.
- Vibrating pipe. Fluid, the density of which is determined, flows through a pipe. At the each end of the pipe there is firmly fastened ballast. Magnetic force of magnetizing coil put the pipe during current flow into oscillate motions. Second coil that acts as a receiver measures oscillation amplitude. Output signal acts as a feedback through the amplifier that feeds magnetizing coil. During magnetizing oscillate motions of the pipe are maintained with its own frequency that depends on the weight of the pipe, including its contains. Under constant volume of pipe frequency of its oscillations changes depending on the density of liquid in it. This method can be used for liquids and liquids containing hard particles for measurement of density values up to 3000 kg/m3. Accuracy of measurement using this method with vibrating pipe is ± 0.2%.
- Vibration densometer of flowing type. Nowadays flowing type densometers have general industrial application. This method is used in automatic liquid metering systems (pure and homogeneous) during their stream handling into product pipelines, where periodical remote determination of density, temperature characteristics and viscosity ratio of analyzed liquids is required, e.g. at oil pipelines, sales oil processing stations. Vibration densometers of flowing type can be used for automatic determination of liquid density with max. viscosity ratio 1,000 mm2/s under temperatures from - 40 °С to +85 °С. Measured values can be passed to monitoring system controller or PC. Liquid for measurement flows into pipes, operating principle of which is similar to vibrating pipe function that is described above and based on oscillation frequency that is set by the density of measured liquid. Resistive thermometers are connected to computing block that are made of platinum and allow to correct signal of densometer.
- Vibration densometer of immersion type, tuning-fork, for gases. Mentioning gas density characteristic, it should be noted, that this, perhaps, is one of the most important values among physical characteristics of gases. We mean their density that is determined under normal conditions: temperature of 0 °С, and pressure of 760 mm Hg. This instrument can be used during measurements of gas density in continuous operation conditions. Tuning-fork type densometer is equipped with electromechanical generator that consists of receiving coil with magnet, magnetizing coils with magnet, tuning-fork located in an independent casing, and electronic amplifier. Amplifier oscillation frequency is compared with crystal oscillator frequency at the output. Frequency meter measures difference between frequencies of these oscillations, which ultimately measure gas density. Instrument has high accuracy class.
Hydro-gas(aero)-dynamic instruments (densometers). These densometers are used for determination of low gas densities. Operating principle of these mechanical densometers is characterized with the fact that the analyzed gas flow is fed with additional kinetic energy and occurring parameters are measured.
In densometer kinetic energy is fed to the analyzed gas flow, which flows through the chamber. Energy is supplied with the use of turbine fed by synchronic mechanism. Gas flow approaches the turbine where it creates rotating force using own kinetic energy, under the action of which turbine turns around and the rotating force occurring on it is balanced by the force on the flat spring axis. Shaft and arrow angle is directly proportional to gas density. Transformer transforms turning angle into signal.
Ultrasonic densometers. This type of instruments for substance density determination use ultra sound, by that continuing development of promising direction of densometers development. Ultrasonic (US) oscillations are those that exceed upper limit of sound heard by human hearing organ. Ultrasonic oscillation in medium can be created by any vibrating body that is in contact with the medium. For determine the density value in this medium it is necessary to determine the ultra sound propagation speed in it. US-method is a highly sensitive method, almost time lag free and excludes contact with controlled medium, which means it can be used in aggressive mediums. US densometers that are sensitive to the speed of ultra sound can be divided into:
- Speed type
- Impedance type and
- Impedance-speed type. Speed type of Us densometers is usually used for determination of values of density characteristics of homogeneous substances, binary liquid compounds (solutions), mixtures consisting of liquids or gases.
Radioisotope and vortex instruments (densometers). Densometers of this type are essentially non-contact instruments. This means that the sensitive element does not contact with medium, density of which has to be determined. This equipment is rational to be used for determination of density values of aggressive liquid mediums or liquids with high viscosity, pulps and liquids, contact with which is related to high pressure or executed under high temperature in big pipelines. It is used only when the other described densometers are impossible to use. Big benefit of radioisotope instruments is an ability of usage in inaccessible areas for medium density control. But their high dependency in the output of results on physical properties of medium or controlled substance is considered to be a negative point, and this requires individual calibration at the scale of instrument for every kind of substance. Determination of density characteristic of liquids that are in pipelines or tanks with gamma rays can be carried out with two methods. First method is based on radiation absorption by the liquid; it is based on the following process. After passing through liquid level of intensity attenuation for straight gamma-ray beam is determined. Radiation source and beam receiver are placed on both sides of pipeline (tank) along the diameter line. Straight gamma-ray beam gets to receiver as soon as it goes through the walls of pipeline (tank) and through controlled liquid medium. Second method of determination of density with gamma-ray beams is based on control of intensity attenuation of gamma rays, beam of which is a subject to dispersion in the liquid. Radiation source and receiver are placed on the same side of pipeline but not on both, as in first method, and are shielded, so the receiver receives only gamma-ray beams that underwent the process of dispersion in the liquid. Then straight gamma-ray beam goes into lead absorber.
We have often mentioned to the importance of density determination during studies and researches in science and technology when performing monitoring of manufacturing processes and product quality. The devices for density determination of matters that are working in an automatic measurement mode are of great importance and are being an essential element of the all-round automation of processes of chemical, metallurgical, oil industry and also food production. Nowadays people pay a lot of attention and devote funds for the development of new methods of density determination, the development and production of new densometers of modern alternate design that are based on these methods, research and development of new industrial constructions related to the production of densometers. With the growth and expansion of new technologies and new industries the role and significance of density determination increases. The role of characterization of this physical unit is essential as well as in the organization of the measuring (by weight) of substances during their acceptance, storage and shipment. If the mass of the substance cannot be determined by simply weighing it on the scales then it is determined by the results of determination of volume and density.
Newly developed measurement methods get very popular, they are related to the usage of certain physical phenomena and the use of values that are uniquely density dependent, for example, weakening of the radiation, the velocity of sound propagation in the matter, the frequency and amplitude of the oscillations of the vibrating adjuvant body, the parameters occurring in the liquid flow or vortex of gas.
- Agitators, mixers
- Ball tube mills
- Crushers (mills)
- Cone crushers
- Edge runner mills
- Equipment for cleaning oil and gas pipelines
- Feeders (dosing equipment)
- Hammer mills (crushers)
- Industrial electrical and gas generators
- Jaw crusher
- Mixing equipment (plants)
- Roll crushers
- Vibrating mills and crushers
- Определение плотности газа или жидкости. Приборы и оборудование для определения плотности жидкости и газа
- Geräten und Ausrüstungen für die Dichtebestimmung von Gasen und Flüssigkeiten
- Instrumentación y equipos para medición de la densidad de gas/líquido
Upon becoming the official distributer of gas / liquid density measurement instruments and equipment, our company ‘Intech GmbH’ LLC (ООО «Интех ГмбХ»), carries out the following: finds the buyers of your products on the market, conducts technical and commercial negotiations with the customers regarding the supplies of your equipment, concludes contracts. Should a bidding take place, we will collect and prepare all the documents required for the participation, conclude all the necessary contracts for the supply of your equipment, as well as register the goods (gas / liquid density measurement instruments and equipment) and conduct customs clearance procedures. We will also register a certificate of transaction (Passport of Deal) required for all foreign trade contracts in the foreign currency control department of the authorized Russian bank so that currency transaction could be effected. If required, our company will implement an equipment spacing project in order to integrate your equipment into the existing or newly built production plant.
We are convinced that our company ‘Intech GmbH’ LLC (ООО «Интех ГмбХ»), will become your reliable, qualified and efficient partner & distributor in Russia.
We are always open for cooperation, so let’s move forward together!